Saturday, July 13, 2013

Wedding cake from last year, yep you heard! I got delayed living my life!!!

So I'm baking away and making cakes and forgetting once again to log everything on my blog. Not the first time, possibly not the second or third but hey I work and I make cakes, sure when would I have time!
This was a wedding cake I made last year. I just love the red and white. It looks so clean and classy. I did enjoy making this even though there were quite a few hiccups along the way. 
The above are the flowers I made all by myself from gum paste and they are sitting on bubble wrap so as not to break. Gum paste is a bastard and breaks like china. No one wants that on a long journey so bubble wrap is your only man. 
The cake has two dummy tears, styrofoam cakes covered in fondant, sure would ya even know to look at! The only real tier is the middle which is a chocolate biscuit cake. Sadly the bottom tier, a fruit cake, did not travel well to me and was therefore unable to be used but was iced and kept in the hotel kitchen for cutting. Hurrah for cake wizardry! 
Delighted with myself and the cake, hope the bride was too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment