Sunday, August 8, 2010

Apple MacTASTIC!!!!!!

So this week I was asked to make a 50th birthday cake. The man in question is an Apple Mac nut so after a few ideas thrown into the air we finally decided on a very old school Apple Mac Symbol, you know, the super retro rainbow looking apple from the past.
I chose a lemon sponge cake made in a 9" tin and cut to shape once cooled and used the left over cut offs to make the leaf.

A simple raspberry centre was put between two halves of the cake and iced with buttercream frosting to stick the fondant on later. I popped it in the fridge for a half hour to let the buttercream set while I mixed up my coloured fondant. Thank god fondant keeps for a while as all I needed to make were red and blue.HURRAH!!!

All that was left to do was cut out the coloured strips and apply with care. I also tried out a new fondant, Dr. Oetkar rolled fondant and found it far nicer to work with than the Tesco brand.
I really enjoyed doing an easy cake for a change,stay tuned as this week I'll be making a Toy Story themed cake, fingers crossed!!!

Happy baking everyone xx

No comments:

Post a Comment