Friday, August 13, 2010

To Infinity and BEYOND!!!!

Oh what a wonderful week I had. Asked to make a Disney themed birthday cake for 2 girls, i chose Toy Story, one of my favourites and also very popular this time of year.
Chocolate sponge cake with a mix of buttercream frosting and chocolate ganache makes the most AMAZING chocolate filling and great flavour for cupcakes too! So the cake was covered in this, inside and out so the fondant could stick nicely to it.
I decided on a sky blue colour with clouds, toy story style writing and a few of the popular characters around the sides for decoration and that's just what I did.I LOVED making this cake,it's one of my favourites I've made so far. It took me out of my comfort zone a bit but I was grateful as I was really pleased with the end results. Hope you like what you see. It makes me smile lots, i'd love it for myself lol.
Cakes to come are a 21st birthday cake for next week and a teddy bear cake for a 1st birthday and possibly a retirement cake too so keep checking up and I'll try my best to keep this blog updated as often as possible!








Till next time star command happy baking and have a fabulously fun Friday 13th and weekend xx

2 comments:

  1. LOVE Mr Potato Head!!!

    Another great cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is my favourite! Thanks a mill, I really enjoyed making it as it made me work that little bit harder, practice makes perfect hehe

    ReplyDelete