Monday, January 28, 2013

Happy Tiffany's birthday Ember!

I had the pleasure of making a cake for my good friend Ember. Turning 30 is an important milestone in any ladies life so why not do it in style with a Tiffany & Co. themed cake!
I had told Ember I'd be making her a cake but all that was discussed was flavour. As I had always wanted to try a T&Co. cake box this was my chance and who would wouldn't like it?
Getting the colour right was crucial. Mixing eucalyptus and ice blue gave me the perfect turquoise. Hurrah!
Next was the bow, perhaps the most important part of the cake next to the colour. I had made a bow before by following a great little tutorial video on YouTube and I must say I'm damn pleased with the result. Finished with a spray of lustre pearl and voila! The lettering was made with my click-its and the pearl pendant was made to finish it off and give it a bit of oomph!
The cake was a lemon drizzle sponge with lemon buttercream frosting and raspberry jam centre.
Needless to say the birthday girl was very pleased with her cake, having expected nothing but a layered sponge. Victory! I love surprising friends with cake. It makes everyone so happy, including me yay!





No comments:

Post a Comment