Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Happy birthday dear Viv! (The mammy)

So this year I was determined to make a decent cake for my mums birthday as it was a biggie (60). I had already purchased my little building and skyscraper cutters from my favourite website, www.stuff4cakes.ie, so I was using them whether she liked it or not. Nah just kidding, she's NYC crazy, of course she'd love it and anyways who says no to a free cake! I made a very delicious lemon and almond cake with a raspberry and lemon filling, all her favourites combined! Not a big fondant fan, I chose to use buttercream and a sunset theme for the colours. Looking at it now I may have done the colours in the wrong order but she didn't notice and neither did I! I coloured the lemon icing in the different shades and swirled them on the cake. I wasn't looking for precision here just something textured and edgy. Last but not least came the teeny skyline. How cute is it!! Complete with Statue of Liberty and all. So pleased with it and my mini big apples, which didn't last long with my niece Ruby in the vicinity. Cake and birthday was a great success and cake didn't last long either. Hurrah! That's ma happy for another year :)











No comments:

Post a Comment