Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Hip Hip Hooray you're 18 and 21 today!

Hello everyone out there and thank you for hanging in there with me.
Last week was quite busy for me, not that I'm complaining one bit :D
I had two birthday cakes to make, a joint 18th cake and a 21st cake. The 21st cake was a giant cupcake cake surrounded by mini cupcakes with pink and sparkles and little tiny bows on the front of the cases, how cute!!
My client (teehee) wanted a lemon sponge cake with a raspberry jam centre and wanted it girly and pretty. I love raspberry and lemon together, the two flavours really compliment each other so again I was excited, it really doesn't take much :D I have a fabulous Wilton cupcake mould, a present from my wonderful sister that I used for this cake though to be truthful I did make a mess first time around, I didn't put enough cake mixture into the two halves but luckily I always buy in bulk and got it perfect the second time around,phew!! So I let that cool and made my cupcakes for around it and left them in their cases. Thinking back I wish I had bought pretty cupcake cases but I'll know for the next time, besides the little bows stood out better on the plain ones, in my opinion :)

The other cake I had the pleasure of making was probably one of my top 2 cakes EVER!!! Chocolate biscuit cake with maltesers yum yum yum. My good friend Helen put in a good word for me with her lovely neighbour YAY, I owe you a drink or two Miss Hellraiser CHEERS LUV!
So a joint 18th party, a delicious cake covered in my favourite chocolate ganache icing,delicious!! I love using chocolate for my cakes, it's so nice and easy to work with and control. Writing is far easier which is great as it wasn't that long ago when I was shaking like a crazy fool when I started to write. It's great to have found my steadiness at long last :D I thank you o melty chocolate. I made a half of a champagne bottle out of fondant and used edible writing pens to finish it off. The last touch was the edible glitter sprinkled on top, every girl needs a bit of sparkle in their life, especially on their birthday :D


No comments:

Post a Comment