Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Happy Birthday to my Ma

Hi everyone,
This week I had the pleasure of baking for my dear mother's birthday. Her favourite flavour is almond so instead of a cake I made a delicious batch of Raspberry Bakewell Slices. I used a recipe from Nigella's new cook book, Kitchen Recipes from the Heart of the Home.

A nice simple recipe involving a light pastry for the bottom layer, seeded or seedless raspberry jam with some fresh raspberries tumbled on top and a nice almondy batter for the top sprinkled with flaked almonds. The result was fabulous, much nicer than I had imagined. The secret to this recipe had to be the fresh raspberries, they just brought the whole slice together and they were melt in your mouth delicious! You get a decent 16 slices out of the recipe but that doesn't mean you have to share them all ;D

Needless to say the birthday girl was thrilled with her cake(s) and they went down a huge treat. I'll definitely be using this recipe again. Once again Nigella got it spot on and thanks to her magic I did too HURRAH!!!!

Hip Hip Hooray for Viv, we love you xx

A few more cakes to come later on this week so come back soon and check 'em out :D

Cheers everyone and happy baking xx

No comments:

Post a Comment