Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Boom goes the cake! Plus Jack Skellington and a white PSP console

Good evening everyone!

How are we all keeping?I hope you are all far more organised than I as I have yet to finish my Christmas shopping. I'm not too bad but I'm about 5 away from being truly complete. I don't want to even think of the money I've spent so far but as long as everyone's happy that's what really counts....isn't it?!
So I've been rather busy lately, made a few cakes, attended a few Christmas parties, drunk and ate far too much so I figured while I lay here in my bed, plagued with a winter gross bug, I may as well update my blog before everyone loses interest :)
Cakes I've made since my last epic Ruby cake have been a bomb cake for Adam, a Jack Skellington for Ella and very recently a white PSP console for Sean. Adam is all about war so his mother asked for a bomb, Ella, aged 8, asked me for a Jack from the nightmare before christmas as it is a favourite of ours for many years and the PSP is a surprise for a good friend of mine's son. He has no idea so I really hope he likes it. I made a very tasty chocolate sponge cake with chocolate buttercream frosting, yum yum!
Adam's bomb cake is a lemon sponge with lemon frosting underneath a layer of black fondant. This was my first circular cake and royal icing it was no easy task, but I got there in the end.

The next cake I made was Ella's skeleton one. She specifically asked for the chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream frosting, a very popular choice I find and she just wanted his face on the top, nothing more, nothing less. Nice and simple and easy enough for a change and a simple happy birthday in edible glitter on the side as a finishing touch.

Last but certainly not least was the PSP cake for a friends' son. A complete surprise for him tomorrow but an enjoyable cake to have made. Yet another fan of chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream and his own PSP is white so I made a cake replica but fatter cos people gotta eat cake! Covered in a huge amount of white royal icing or fondant whichever you prefer and decorated to match the console. I was very pleased with the finished product as was my friend and her family, hurrah! Satisfied customers are my favourite.





I've made my Christmas cake, just need to decorate it and the photos will follow after Christmas. Till then I wish you all a very Happy Christmas and a Super New Year :D xxxx



2 comments:

  1. Mouthwatering! Think the Jack Skellington one is my favourite - but the craftsmanship on the PSP console one is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a very good post indeed. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it in my lunch time. Will surely come and visit this blog more often. Thanks for sharing. alabama football wedding cakes

    ReplyDelete