Saturday, June 16, 2012

Liverpool are shite but they taste delicious when made of chocolate!

Ok, so I was asked to make a chocolate cake for a friend with the Liverpool FC emblem on it. For me this was not a problem as I have no interest in football let alone the teams. However, making a Liverpool cake in a Manchester United household was rather dodgy. I said nothing and just got on with it. Everything went well, the baking, the icing, even the white fondant! Then it came to the emblem and I was worried. My father, a huge Man U follower/fan/obsessed..... whatever you want to call him, came face to face with the emblem. It wasn't pretty. A string of profanities spewed from his mouth and finished with a few snide comments. No skin off my nose since I hate football but I can imagine it wouldn't have gone down well with the Liverpool fan birthday boy. In the end I'm happy to say the cake survived my house and the car journey so hurrah for that. I've been warned to be careful of football cakes in the future and to not accept offers unless it's for a very good cause ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment