Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Heyyyyyyy Yaaaaaa!

So back in May a lot was going on. I was about to sit my driving test, the nerves were shattered and on top of everything the supposed love of my life dumped me by text message. Throw in a birthday cake order for Mr André 3000, actor/singer, and you've got a roller coaster of emotions and stress.
You'll be delighted to know that I passed my driving test, lost a boyfriend but gained a celebrity "friend". A personal cake for André's birthday. At the time he was playing Jimi Hendrix in a movie being shot over here so we decided to go for a Jimi Hendrix cake. I painstakingly carved Jimi's head out of black florist paste and stuck it on a massive 14" square chocolate Malteser cake covered in green icing,André's favourite colour, with a tartan ribbon around it, another favourite of Andrè's. sadly I didn't get to hand deliver the cake but I heard back that he was very touched and speechless so I felt great! He loved it so much that he asked me to make a special cake for his costume department. Same cake flavour but a shirt with green pinstripe. Loved making this cake and I think it turned out pretty well.

No comments:

Post a Comment